Monday, January 24, 2011

Application hiccups!

It just wouldn't feel like you were actually applying to school if there weren't a few hiccups, a few frustrations, a few reasons to make you want to turn around and start running.

So here's my frustration:  I am in process of applying to grad school for my MLIS.  I need to successfully write a personal statement.

The MLIS website tells me the personal statement should focus on

presenting a personal view of the library and information science profession

and

your aspirations and goals for your future in the library and information science professions



But...  then I get to the actual application and it tells me the personal statement is this:



In an information age how do you see yourself working as a librarian?


 I wish I had known this before spending hours and hours and I mean like six hours! working on the former focus!

So now I am going to try to mold my former essay into a response to this new question.  I was hoping to have applied to grad school today and have everything done but in order not to go insane I think I will need to stop for today, revise a little tomorrow, and tomorrow will be the day I apply to grad school.

How humbling to be reminded of what if feels like to be a student again.

No comments:

Post a Comment